Sunday 11 April 2010

Alix Marie

My art can be found where film, photography and sculpture meet. With a certain taste for the hybrid or the unusual I like to integrate my imaginary world in everyday life.
I believe that art is for everybody to understand and enjoy and try to make the audience participate in my pieces of work. Most of my work is about women and their sexuality. Myths and tales can also be seen as a recurrent inspiration. I like to experiment with different techniques within my three favorite medias. In that way, my final outcome could be ceramics, a 16 mm film or digital photography for example. I enjoy working on my own as much as working collaboratively.
I have worked before as a professional photographer and I organized and curated an art exhibition in London. I am currently studying a BA fine art at Central Saint Martins.

afnmarie@googlemail.com
http://alixart.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment