Sunday 11 April 2010

Michelle Bourke-Girgis

Coming from Egyptian/Irish parentage I was born and raised in Dublin. I am twenty three.
I would consider myself a multi-disciplinary artist, with a whollistic approach. I enjoy to practise in a wide range of media including many kinds of mark-making and sculptural materials, the written word, the voice and body in live performance and increrasingly moving image and photography.

Here is a brief description of my current conceptual concerns

My work at present is considering a balance between preservation and transformation, with memory as a side-product that can be called upon or discarded.

Using transformation as a tool, shifting elements to create the appearance of something arising from a supposed nothing I would like to demonstrate that fundamental or intrinsic quality is never touched, yet always constant and dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment